Tuesday, September 15, 2015

GANDHI-RAJAJI GRANDSON AND ME

My friend and grandson of Mahathma Gandhi and Rajaji who through his weekly Himmat fought emergency was involved in Moral-Re-Armament Movement and in the house of Davida Young [Opposite to Pachayappas College behind Petrol Bunk] I had introduced him to Pondicherry Chief Minister M.O.H.Farook Maricar in 1973 who came with me to that house to meet Rajmohan Gandhi.At that time he was a bachelor. Later in Kalki Gardens Rajmohan Gandhi introduced me to Achariya Kripalani Co-Founder of the Janata Party along with Jayaprakash Narayan before 1977 polls, Achariya Kripalani surprised me when he sought more and more information on Dravidian Movement led by Periyar EVR and Arignar Anna. I fondly went on talking which lasted nearly 3 hours. Yesterday 12.09.2015 when I read Rajmohan Gandhi's rejoinder to Arundathi Ray translated in Tamil and published in Tamil THE HINDU, I went down my memory lane.

No comments:

AIADMK spent Rs 641 crore in 2016 to bribe its way back to power Documents reveal that AIADMK spent Rs 641 cr in 2016 to bribe its ...